Thursday, February 16, 2006

D-Day

40 Weeks

Well hello Babe, happy due date to you! It's funny the whole time I have been pregnant we have talked about this day and dreamt about it, everyone asks when you are due and this date is the date given for all my records and bookings with Dr T and the hospital. But then the day comes and it doesn't necessarily mean you will arrive. It's just a guess really, a guide for us to know about when you will be ready to come out.

Well you are obviously very comfortable and happy in there and not ready to come out. That's fine with me, I am not 'over it' all yet so I am not too worried. But next week you and I will be booked in for an induction if you are not here... now I'd much prefer to avoid that as things happen a lot faster and crazier that way, so if you would oblige by making your way out in the next 5 or so days, your mum would be really appreciate it!

So the 16th of February arrives and passes with no sign of you. And if you are not here by Sunday you will be a Pisces, but that's okay with me, sounds like you'd be a beautiful little soul, "
emotional, sensitive and intuitive."

Your dad heads off to work everyday wondering if he will be back the next day, or whether he will get a call from me saying "it's time"! I think he's looking forward to a couple of weeks off work.... but then I wonder whether he knows how much time you will take up! He's well and truly ready to meet you, cuddle you, name you and be your dad.

Well Babe, here's a picture of me at 40 weeks. I've lost the glow, so it probably is time to come out now!! And I am not sure my tummy can take much more stretching, it's numb in places.


Every post now I wonder whether it will be the last before we are back announcing your arrival and welcoming you into the world. I personally think I 'll be back to post again before you arrive, but I am of course happy for you to prove me wrong, just this once!

Not long now.....

Love mum xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home