Is there an alternate escape route?
26 Weeks
Hi Babe, how's things going in there - is it getting a little squashier? We are off to another obstetrician's appointment on Wednesday morning with Dr T, and I'm keen to find out which way you are lying. I don't seem to feel your kicks in once place in particular, so I am assuming you are still moving about all the time. I haven't had any high kicks to my ribs or anything, so you must be hanging around down the bottom, pushing on my bladder - thanks! Other than that I can't think of anything to ask him as things really are going well. The appointments seem so fast, 5 minutes and we are in and out again, so I'll have to think of something to ask to make the visit worthwhile (well other than getting to hear your heartbeat!)
My belly has developed a faint line (the Linea Nigra, meaning black line). I have noticed it for a few weeks but only faintly below my belly button, now it continues up my belly to under my boobs. I read that the Linea Nigra marks the area where your abdominal muscles meet (it's always there, but it is clear or white when you are not pregnant and called the linea alba). Anyway, if it's marking where my six-pack, sorry abdominal muscles meet, then my muscles must be crooked! The line goes up to my belly button then starts again above it but a bit crooked! I'll post a pic if it gets darker.
Your dad and I had our first antental class last week, there were 5 other couples there, some are due in January and some in February like you. Two of the couples have found out whether they are having a boy or a girl, the rest are like us and are looking forward to the surprise (though looking at the poll results, it looks like you could very well be a boy!) The midwife talked about labour and what to expect in the different stages, interesting stuff! You and I have a fair bit of work to do to get you out of your cosy little world, but I think we probably both already knew that! Well I figure that you don't get classes in there about how to be born (or maybe you do?!) and that you just do what you have to do to get out. So I am hoping that the same theory works for me, and my body just does what it's meant to do - too easy, no need for these antenatal classes eh!
The other exciting news to tell you is that I am officially counting down to my last day at (paid) work (okay, I have been counting down for the last month or so!) So I have 6 weeks left of work! I am a bit over it and so looking forward to finishing up just before Christmas. I'm sure it will fly by, and in reality I probably shouldn't get too excited as it also means there's only 3 or 4 paychecks left until we are down to just your dad's salary. Hmmm, now that will be interesting, but those worries require a whole 'nother post! Maybe another day eh!
No belly pic this week sorry, but I'll have one next week. But just to keep things interesting, here's a pic of what a baby in the womb at 26 week's looks like smiling - too cute, I hope it makes you smile too Babe!

Righteo, look after yourself in there.
mum xxx
Hi Babe, how's things going in there - is it getting a little squashier? We are off to another obstetrician's appointment on Wednesday morning with Dr T, and I'm keen to find out which way you are lying. I don't seem to feel your kicks in once place in particular, so I am assuming you are still moving about all the time. I haven't had any high kicks to my ribs or anything, so you must be hanging around down the bottom, pushing on my bladder - thanks! Other than that I can't think of anything to ask him as things really are going well. The appointments seem so fast, 5 minutes and we are in and out again, so I'll have to think of something to ask to make the visit worthwhile (well other than getting to hear your heartbeat!)
My belly has developed a faint line (the Linea Nigra, meaning black line). I have noticed it for a few weeks but only faintly below my belly button, now it continues up my belly to under my boobs. I read that the Linea Nigra marks the area where your abdominal muscles meet (it's always there, but it is clear or white when you are not pregnant and called the linea alba). Anyway, if it's marking where my six-pack, sorry abdominal muscles meet, then my muscles must be crooked! The line goes up to my belly button then starts again above it but a bit crooked! I'll post a pic if it gets darker.
Your dad and I had our first antental class last week, there were 5 other couples there, some are due in January and some in February like you. Two of the couples have found out whether they are having a boy or a girl, the rest are like us and are looking forward to the surprise (though looking at the poll results, it looks like you could very well be a boy!) The midwife talked about labour and what to expect in the different stages, interesting stuff! You and I have a fair bit of work to do to get you out of your cosy little world, but I think we probably both already knew that! Well I figure that you don't get classes in there about how to be born (or maybe you do?!) and that you just do what you have to do to get out. So I am hoping that the same theory works for me, and my body just does what it's meant to do - too easy, no need for these antenatal classes eh!
The other exciting news to tell you is that I am officially counting down to my last day at (paid) work (okay, I have been counting down for the last month or so!) So I have 6 weeks left of work! I am a bit over it and so looking forward to finishing up just before Christmas. I'm sure it will fly by, and in reality I probably shouldn't get too excited as it also means there's only 3 or 4 paychecks left until we are down to just your dad's salary. Hmmm, now that will be interesting, but those worries require a whole 'nother post! Maybe another day eh!
No belly pic this week sorry, but I'll have one next week. But just to keep things interesting, here's a pic of what a baby in the womb at 26 week's looks like smiling - too cute, I hope it makes you smile too Babe!

Righteo, look after yourself in there.
mum xxx

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home