Saturday, November 26, 2005

Third Trimester and damn apple juice

28 Weeks
Babe, we are in the third trimester!! The home straight! There's less than 12 weeks to go before your due date and we are doing well. I'm still feeling good, though I think there's some heartburn coming on, but then I've never had it before, so don't really know what I am looking out for!

Being 28 weeks, it was time for me to go and have a glucose tolerance test, to check for gestational diabetes. The test takes about 3 hours, because you need to have three diffrerent blood tests at different times, after drinking a glucose drink. The key part of the test is that you are meant to fast for a minimum of 10 hours. So the best time to do the test is first thing in the morning. I organised to do it on Friday morning nice and early, around 7.30am. But silly silly mummy, got up hot and thirsty at 3am and had a swig of apple juice! Ooops. I got up and went to have the test, thinking I might still be able to have it, but no luck - I had to fast for 10 hours, and I'd stuffed that up! Oh well, I did the test yesterday and it was a good chance to catch up on some reading.

The working bee last Sunday was a great success, we managed to paint most of your room, including the window sills, door, wardrobes and walls. Your dad is doing another coat of the windows today, then it's all done and ready to put the furniture back into. I'll post a picture when the furniture is in there. It's all very white though, with white walls, cream windows and doors, and white furniture! Heaps of action in the garden too, your grandpa's and dad put borders in the garden, made a path and changed the deck and stairs. I'm sure when you first come home from the hospital it will be the first thing you notice!

On Friday I met with a student midwife who will be catching up with me several times before you arrive and once you get here. She needs to 'follow' 30 pregnant women for her midwifery course, so I was happy to help. Her name is Helen and she seems lovely, you'll get to meet her once you arrive I am sure. She may even be there to observe your arrival, and hold your dad's hand if he needs it!! We'll decide on that one later.

Bye bye,
xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home