Sunday, December 18, 2005

Too cool for poo

31 Weeks
Well Babe it's only one more week until Christmas day and Santa visits. Although you are not here with us just yet (other than hiding out in my belly) you have already received a christmas present from your Uncle Hamish and Aunty Olivia - your first soccer ball! So you are well and truly being included in the celebrations this year, even though your first Christmas won't be until next year.

So things are getting pretty busy out here, but it's a great time of year catching up with everyone and eating and drinking way too much! We are going away to the beach for a couple of weeks after Christmas which will be such a good break - the dogs are hanging to run around on the beach and swim in the sea (probably more excited than us). It'll be a nice chance to rest up before you arrive.

My last day of work is this week (paid work!), I finish up on Thursday, so only 4 working days left. I don't think it has quite hit me that I won't be going back after the Christmas break. It's hard to imagine not going to work in an office, but at the moment I am thinking I will cope just fine!

I haven't got a picture of my belly this week, but I'll make sure I post a Christmas photo next week. What I have got for you though this week is a picture or two of the nappies we have bought for you - nothing but the best! We are going to give cloth nappies a go Babe (We'll use disposables when we go out and probably overnight), though people think we're crazy! But those people who think we are crazy are imagining those white terry cloth nappies that you fold up and pin. Well we do have some of those, but they won't be the main nappies we'll use...... cloth nappies have changed a bit recently, and now you can buy ones that work just like a disposable, with velcro to attach called fitted cloth nappies. You can choose funky colours and patterns for the material and a lot of them are homemade by mums who have tried and tested them thoroughly. I have bought a few different types, so we can see what we like best. Here's a picture of your collection of fitted nappies - aren't they cool (as far as nappies go!):


Here's a pic of the inside of one of them:


So there you go - hopefully I've managed to show people just what these nappies are all about. Though my only concern is - they are too cute and funky for you to go and poo on them! Oh well, I'll have to get over that quick smart!

Righteo Babe, time for me and you to go and get some sleep. You keep well in there, and I'll write again next week.

mum xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home